Cleveland Scene: Best Art Gallery

Best Art Gallery:
Transformer Station

cover_print_new-01

Cleveland Scene Magazine

Built in 1924, the building now known as Transformer Station was originally one of 16 substations built by the Cleveland Railway Company. Noted local architect John Williams oversaw the building's renovation and expansion. A collaborative effort between the Bidwell Foundation and the Cleveland Museum of Art, its programming is shared equally by the museum and founders Fred and Laura Bidwell. Located in Hingetown, Transformer Station serves as the museum's first footprint on the west side. With an emphasis on contemporary photography, Transformer Station has brought fresh artists and groundbreaking work to Northeast Ohio since opening in early 2013. The CMA's programming continues this spring with Jon Pestoni: Some Years.